trouble with sugar alcohols

Jenny A.
on 10/8/09 11:22 am - WA
Hi everyone, I'm six days post-op and have learned that I am absolutely intolerant of sugar alcohols. Including splenda. I knew this before surgery and it's just gotten worse in my new teeny tummy. Any quantity, even the tiny amount in my vitamins, gives me absolutely awful diarrhea and gas like you would not believe. As if dehydration and gas weren't big enough problems the first post-op week anyway!

Has anyone else had this trouble? If so, what did you do? Anyone know of sugar-alcohol-free vitamins?

Thanks!

Jenny
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

Weights: highest = 520; before pre-op diet = 510; day of surgery = 494; goal = >200
Check out my blog -
My Life with Sleevey. And add me as a friend to see my pics!
poet_kelly
on 10/8/09 12:41 pm - OH
I don't have that problem.  But I use this vitamin stuff from Celebrate called ENS.  It's a drink mix.  You mix it with eight ounces of water and it tastes like grape Koolaid.  It's a multivitamin plus 500 mg calcium.  I just checked the ingredients, and it has sucralose in it.  But I don't think that's a sugar alcohol.  I looked at the Celebrate chewable multis, but they have sorbitol, which is a sugar alcohol.  But you might want to look into the ENS.  They will send  you a free sample if you want to try it.

Kelly
Most Active