eating too few calories

taz.ca
on 9/23/09 8:35 am - Marathon, Canada
hi all,.. i hvae had gastric bypass feb 08 and by june 08 i had lost 102 lbs.... however, i have not lost a pound since.  I still have about 80 lbs to go and cannot lose an ounce.  HELP... is it possible that I am not eating enough and I cannot lose>??

thanks lori
Life isn't about finding yourself... 
life is about creating yourself...

robinfrommilw
on 9/23/09 9:58 pm - WI
How many calories are you eating every day? I was told to have 1000 calories a day once I got to general diet.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

kilmarlic
on 10/2/09 2:33 am - powells point, NC
I too am in a stall and recently came across this link. hope you find some useful information in it. I've taken an honest look at what I've been doing and realized that I was still relying on the surgery to do all of the work and not putting enough of my own efforts in it - but that's just in my case.  Good Luck.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4028142/Longest-stall-When-to-panic/

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Waterwench
on 10/13/09 12:47 pm - portland, OR
Rather than eating too few calories, I suspect you may be eating too many, or not burning enough with exercise or other activities (walking or running are GREAT ways to move!). If you have extra fat to burn, your body really doesn't go into true "starvation mode," as it does with those poor concentration camp victims or famine sufferers in the third world. They have very little reserves to start out with. As long as you are taking your vitamins and getting your lean protein in, and getting regular labs, you can severely cut back on calories (500 to 800 a day), use your pouch as a weight loss tool while it's small and perfect, and lose the remaining 80 pounds.

The key is to make sure that each calorie is as nutritionally packed as possible--complex sources of fiber and vitamins such as vegetables, salad, good protein like skinless chicken breast or lean beef--you literally only need 2 or 3 ounces of that per day. Switching to a less-processed diet makes you feel so great! Best of luck, Lori!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Most Active