Food suggestions for mushie phase

Rebecca J.
on 9/21/09 2:32 pm - Kent, WA
Hello,

On Wednesday, I'll be 1 week post-op (lapband) so I can move on to baby-food consistency meals. My surgeon said for week 2 and 3 I can have items such as cottage cheese, yogurt, soft-cooked eggs, mashed potatoes, soggy cereal, hummus, refried beans, etc.

Questions:

1) Anyone have a recipe for good garlic mashed potatoes?

2) I'm used to having hummus w/ pita bread or veggies, which aren't allowed yet. What goes with hummus?

3) Same as above but with cottage cheese...I was planning on putting fruit juice with it but wasn't sure of more alternatives.

4) Is shredded cheese ok with the beans? Cheese isn't mentioned on my "list."

If you have any other food suggestions that worked for you during this phase, I would love to hear them. Thank you!

Met him 12/2001 in NJ;  He moved from NJ to WA 05/2002;  Married 06/2006;  Attempt #1 2008 with Clomid and metformin, no luck.  Decided to go back on BCP;  LapBand 09/2009 at 371.1 lbs.  Got down to 268 by 2012;  Went off BCP 08/2010.  Started Metformin;  BFP 05/01/2011 followed by MC 05/13/2011 (Friday the 13th of all days!). Upped Metformin 09/2011;  Continued on Metformin.  On 10/28/2012 (3 days before semen analysis), had BFP :)  Due date 07/07/13 by size of baby but 6/30/13 by LMP.  Taken off Metformin at 8 weeks due to elevated liver levels.

Lisa O.
on 9/22/09 2:49 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi!

Cheese is o.k. if it's melted.  I loved FF refried beans with melted cheese and salsa.

Don't use fruit juice of any kind.  It's really high in calories and sugar.  It's also considered wasted calories because it won't help you stay full. 

For cottage cheese you can add tuna made with a little LF mayo to make sure it's moist.  Chop it really fine.  I also eat a lot of CC with fruit, but for mushies you should add some SF "all fruit" preserves w/o seeds.

Oatmeal is also a favorite of mine.  I add cinnamon and some SF french vanilla non-dairy creamer.  Or, you can add 1TBS of Peanut butter, almond butter or PB2.

Cream of wheat, same way as Oatmeal.

Baked yams.  Yum!  I like mine with just salt and pepper and a bit of spray on butter.

Baked potato, use NF plain Greek yogurt instead of Sour Cream.  Salt, pepper, chives, etc.

If you crave dessert, use CC, SF jello granuales and SF Cool Whip.  Mix it together, refrigerate and enjoy!

Ricotta Cheese with cinnamon and a packet of artificial sweetner. 

SF Pudding.  Go to the refrigerated section and try the SF Dolce de Leche, caramel.  Yum!

Hope this helps!  I also have a list of soft foods on my blog.

Enjoy!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 8:04 am - TN
Eggs were on my approved mushie stage, but I didn't do so well with them.  You may want to proceed cautiously with eggs.  I had VSG not LapBand...
rainbowconnection
on 9/28/09 1:14 am - houston, TX

Two things I loved after sugery were grits with lots of pepper and cream of wheat made with strawberry protein drink/powder.

Most Active