need suggested food

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/09 3:13 am
I had quite smoking several years ago and that caused me to put on the last 20 pounds that led me to the surgeon. I am losing wt after my rny, but recently my tolerance for food has greatly increased. I have a distal RNY. I have difficulty feeling full, I am either hungry or too full. So, I measure and record everything. I also have trouble with eating slowly. My husband refuses to sit at the table and eat so we eat in front of the TV. He has made many change for me recently so I really feel if he gets pleasure from this then I have to give in.
My problem that I need help with is my snacking, grazing whatever you want to call it. I try to pick good food choices, high protein low fat cheese, fruit, milk cottage cheese, but sugar seems to be creeping into the equation. So, I am trying to eat apples and carrots, but these really cause me soreness and gas.
Anyone have suggestions on what kind of finger foods could help me. I eat because I am nervous. Part of that menopause thing and being unemployed at this time.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions you send me. I promise I will try them.
poet_kelly
on 9/19/09 4:16 am - OH
Honestly, my suggestion is to stop all the snacking.  Yeah, it's hard.  But even if you're snacking on healthy things, constant grazing is not going to help you lose weight.  Try drinking a lot of fluids instead.  And find something to keep you busy so you don't snack.

Kelly
Judithz
on 9/20/09 3:56 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Holly, congrats on your weight loss, sounds like we are both doing well overall. Why are you snacking? Are you hungry or bored? My surgeon doesn't have us snack, so it has never been an option for me. One snack you might try is hummus and carrots or some other easy to digest veggie like cucumber. I have a fabulous recipe for hummus if you want it. Judith
Lesley S.
on 10/29/09 4:02 pm - St. Louis, MO
ooo ooo I want it Judith! Thanks ;) I love recipes
Judithz
on 10/30/09 12:43 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hummus:
2 cans drained garbanzo beans (save 1/2 of juice)
2-3 cloves crushed fresh garlic
2-3 T Tahini
2 t cumin powder
1/3 c fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt to taste

Dump all in food processor and mix til creamy. Add juice from garbanzos to make it the right creamy consistency. I always taste it and add lemon or salt until it tastes right to me. The garlic flavor will be a little stronger on the 2nd day, so be careful if you aren't a fan.
MRSYOGI1005
on 9/23/09 1:53 pm

Hi I have the same problem with eating too fast and eating in the living room in front of the tv. One thing I have been trying to is to do something else while Im eating and taking bites in between. My husband and I play wii games so I take bites between each game. lol. You might try working a puzzle.
I have found that if I go too long with out eating I get really hungry which leads me to not only eating too fast but eating what ever is easy to grab and thats not good. Hope I helped you out some.

LeAnne

Most Active