artificial sweeteners

prisongirl
on 9/12/09 1:42 pm
I would love to be able to stick to a sugar-free diet. However, my sweet tooth will not allow me. I would be happy with eating things that are made with artificial sweetener, however my body wil not allow me. Any sort of artificial sweetener causes  my bowels to get angry with me (if you know what I"m saying). Any ideas?
Becci    
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/15/09 4:51 am
How about Stevia- natural no calories sweetener
also -
Erythritol - sugar alcohol - but different that the other.
And Xylitol

Natural - low glycemic sugar substitutes is Agave nectar..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MRSYOGI1005
on 9/23/09 2:03 pm
Hi
Go to droz.com he just did a show about sweeteners and the stevia is sweet but has a licorice flavor, but he had another on and it looked like honey, but I dont remember what it was called. The lady out of the audience liked it better than the stevia. The one that looked like honey did have some calories, but not like sugar. Good luck!

LeAnne
atg106
on 10/2/09 9:45 pm
Hi-

You may have an issue with malitol as do many people.  Usually aspartame or sucralose shouldn't affect the body this way, but malitol will.  If you can get used to the taste of stevia, then do that.
RamonaShearer
on 3/18/10 4:13 pm
I have problems with sweetners too. Aspartame gives me migrains and sucrolose and others affect my bowels too, which is very common. I use stevia and sweet and low. This makes it were I make a lot of my own protein shakes with unflavored powders. I am new to all this so still doing trial and error.

Most Active