4 1/2 yrs out & gaining back the weight - HELP

mreece
on 9/9/09 6:22 am - Overland Park, KS
I am so mad at myself. Some of the weight has been from taking Predisone for an illness and some of it, is my addition to bad carbs. Not sure what diet to follow now that I have been so far out. Can anyone help on which diet to follow?
lizzybear
on 9/10/09 11:45 am - Olympia, WA
Don't get mad at yourself, that only makes you feel bad.  Have you tried the 5-day pouch test (you can use the Search feature here to find it or just google it)?  Or going back to basics like in the beginning after your surgery - like the full liquid stage with protein shakes, broth based soups, some pureed foods.  Some say it really helps you get back on track.  I wish you luck with whatever works for you.  That is exactly what I'm afraid of - getting further down the road in a few years and having trouble.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

mreece
on 9/10/09 10:32 pm - Overland Park, KS
lizzybear, thank you for the idea. I did not know anything about the 5 day pouch test. I will try this and see if I can get off the carbs. Your help has been greatly appreciated.
Most Active