Has anyone tried soda 5 weeks post op

Harlee J.
on 3/1/10 10:32 am - Charlotte, NC
PLEASE do not drink even one soda....even diet. sodas are specifically designed to make your taste buds crave them and that is why you were drinking so many before. the soda companys sit back and laugh at us humans...as there is NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE in soda...and they ruin your teeth, too.
I learned to drink water by drinking it room temp, not cold. I bought one of those small home water dispensing machines with a 5 gal bottle on top and I refill it with machine water bought at wal-mart for 37 cents a gallon....less chlorene taste.
Once I got the 'taste' for the water, AND saw my skin plump back up and wrinkles disappear...I was hooked on water.
Once when I was ill I asked for one soda...BIG mistake. It turned into one a day for a year and I gained back 30 pounds in that year. The MINUTE I stopped that madness...and drank water again and wore my pedometer again doing 10,000 steps a day ALL the weight melted back off!
Weight loss surgery is a TOOL....if we try to go back to any resemblence of our past FAT life, it WILL RETURN!
If you have a support group from your WLS go to it!!! Stay with it. not only will it help you and keep you up to date with things, you will be able to inspire others who a lost.
You Rock!
holly
Most Active