looking for tofu recipes

hhnewell
on 9/7/09 7:46 am, edited 9/8/09 7:08 am
Does anyone have any good tofu recipes or know of a good website. I used to know of a tofu custard you could make with fruit of choice, tofu, an egg and geletin but haven't clue what the recipe is as it's been at least 20 years since I've made it.  You'd cook it and it was wonderful.
thanks so much!
Hope

Melora
on 9/10/09 4:41 am - Perkinston, MS
I use firm tofu crumbled up and added to spaghetti sauce instead of meat..  It tates great that way.  I am trying to find puree recipes using soft tofu, but have not gotten any response from anyone on here.  I am trying to find a website with recipes for tofu, so if I find one, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Melora

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/11/09 7:07 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/11/09 7:07 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

stitch0102
on 10/5/09 5:58 am - Jersey Shore, PA
Tofu will take on the flavors of whatever it's cooked in.  Cube or crumble it up in place of meats in recipees you normally use meat in. 

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

Most Active