Need Help! I'm addicted to...

montanadi
on 9/5/09 11:51 am - Sheridan, MT

...addicted to Ritz Crackers!  I'm not exactly sure how this happened.  I'm thirteen months out, down 145 pounds.  I've been at a stall for three months now, up and down with the same four or five pounds. I still have forty pounds to lose!

I thought I could try to break my stall by increasing my protein so I bought more Unjury, (love it) and some Nectar. My plan was to use them for one meal and a snack.  But what happened was after I would drink my drink I missed chewing or something, so I ate those salty buttery little round morsels of goodness!!

Now, they're all I can think about!  Tuna for lunch? Have to have it on a Ritz!  Peanut butter and Jelly?  On a Ritz!  Not really hungry? Always room for a Ritz!  Sitting at the computer typing...Ritz!

Aaaggghhh!  I know I just have to say NO! But I'm finding it difficult.  I surely didn't go through all this to let Ritz Crackers rule my life.  Pretty stupid hunh...

My name is Diane and I'm a Ritzaholic.....

kathylovesred
on 9/7/09 4:02 am - Helena, MT
Diane - stop buying them.  You are not allowed to have them anymore.  Say to yourself "I don't eat FLOUR; therefore, I cannot have Ritz crackers."

No Ritz for you!

But here's a hug!

Kathy

Kathy!
(Pre-op: 5'2", 292/277/148-Highest/at WLS/Current)
kathylovesredsmallcard.jpg picture by lynnca1972
Let God's presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom 
to sing, dance, praise, and love.  It is there for each and every one of us.

montanadi
on 9/7/09 10:02 pm - Sheridan, MT
Thanks Kathy! 

I needed that hug! 

I'm not going to buy them anymore!  I went cold turkey yesterday!  I didn't have one! 

Diane

DonnaWorth
on 9/9/09 2:01 am
Since I am pre-surgery, I can really tell how much carbs affects my sugar level by increasing FBS since I am diabetic.  I realize that most people come out of the surgery in remission and I hope I am one of them.   I know with OA (Overeaters Anonymous) they stress abstain from the food that is causing you problems.  Just like homemade Mac and Cheese, made with crackers,  noodles, cheddar cheese, milk .....I need to abstain from that food or I will eat like a pig........oinking all the way!

Blessings, Donna
lizzybear
on 9/10/09 11:48 am - Olympia, WA
I had to go cold turkey on the Reduced-Fat Cheez-Its.  I justified it by telling myself, "but they're Reduced Fat! so what does it matter if that's all I eat all day - there is protein in them, too!"  Some miniscule amount of protein.  But hey, when you're addicted anything sounds rational!

I really feel for you and wish you the best of luck on giving them up!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Lesley S.
on 10/29/09 4:05 pm - St. Louis, MO
lol Same here! I started eating Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal to help my crunchness although I don't like it the same.
jennaflirt
on 9/12/09 3:51 am - Las Vegas, NV
I confess I to have a cracker addiction.  Mine are any flavor cheez it ....I  mean any flavor.  If I can get my hands on them they are gone.  I am now just trying to maintain,  but those damn cheez its...I can't leave them be.  I feel your pain.  Skip the cracker aisle all together.

Highest/Current/Goal
263/118/138

was size 22
now size 4

keniacolon
on 9/16/09 11:45 pm - greensboro, NC
I have the same problem but i also like to eat the salt free saltines and the cheez its.  I try not to buy them but i get the cravng for that crunch .  I think its a phase hopefully it will pass. 

Carol S.
on 9/18/09 1:58 am - Milwaukee, WI
I hate to admit it, but the only way to stop is to go cold turkey.  I wish there was a different way, but there isn't.

I love crunchy stuff too.  It's not easy but it is worth it.  Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Most Active