Liquid Pre-Op Diet

Keesh03
on 8/29/09 6:09 am - San Jose, CA

Has anyone have to do a liquid diet days or week before surgery? If so, how did it go? Need some encouragement please......I'm going nuts

Living, Loving, and Laughing....    
Panther45011
on 9/13/09 5:45 am, edited 9/13/09 7:07 am - OH

Keesha I start my preop diet tomorrow.  I have to do mine 2 wks.  Wha kind of liquids are you allowed?

You can do this just use your imagination hon.  Take the time to search on the web some recipies for your liquid diet. 

If you can have it on the liquid diet, try unflavored protein it can mixed in just about anything.  Try mixing it with water broth (it desolves better if the temp is 130 degrees.  Mix it with some Crystal light.    Or add unsweetened cocoa to skim milk with the protein sweeten it with splenda, unless you have  the flavored proteins. 

I'm going to enjoy the sugar free jello, and puddings.  I plan on making a banana favor pudding with my banana flavored protein and sugar free banana cream pudding.

Talk with your doctor's nutritionist about different things you can try.

Good Luck

Melora
on 9/14/09 12:00 pm - Perkinston, MS

I am 4 weeks post-op and I have to tell you the pre-op diet was very tough...probably the hardest part of it all.  Once you have the surgery, it won't be nearly as hard.  But while you are on the pre-op diet, drink lots of fluids to help keep you full.  Chicken broth was a big help for something that wasn't sweet. 

I lost 18 lbs. in those 10 days before surgery, and you will lose a fair amount, too. 

Hang in there!

Melora

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Most Active