Venom Energy Drink

glemlm
on 8/19/09 4:37 am - Martinez, GA
Has anyone tried these or evaluated whether they are ok or not ok to drink.  The purple one (Mojave Rattler) has 2 servings each 25 calories.  yes it has glucose and caffiene.  It is slightly fizzy but has a crisp taste.  I am one year out and wondered if anyone had an opinion on these. 

Linda  

MOJAVE RATTLER™ - Low-Carb

INGREDIENTS:

CARBONATED WATER, GLUCOSE, CITRIC ACID, MALTODEXTRIN, TAURINE, SODIUM CITRATE, GLUCURONOLACTONE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, GINSENG EXTRACT, L-CARNITINE, INOSITOL, CAFFEINE, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVE), CARAMEL COLOR, SUCRALOSE, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3), GUARANA, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VITAMIN B12).

80mg caffeine per 240ml serving
Sumplement Facts
Serving Size: 8 fl oz (240ml)
Servings Per Container: About 2
Amount Per Serving   % DV *
Calories 25  
Total Carb 4g  
Sugars 3g  
Riboflavin 1.7mg 100%
Niacin 20mg 100%
Vitamin B6 2mg 100%
Vitamin B12 6mg 100%
Sodium 120mg 5%
Protein 1mg  
Ginseng Extract 200mg
Energy Blend 3000mg
Taurine, L-Carnitine, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, Maltodextrin
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. † Daily Value not Established.
StaceyBT
on 8/20/09 7:51 pm - GA

Doesn't look too bad to me, but of course anything carbonated is not good for your pouch, so I would limit my intake. I use to crave coke after my surgery and it is hard to limit yourself sometimes. Like I would drink at least a 1/2 coke several times a week. I noticed a problem and I had to stop before it got out of hand and caused me problems. Good luck!

Iambuddylee
on 8/21/09 1:08 am
Since I started working out back in Feb. I have spent a lot of time researching and brain picking the guys at my local Vitamin Shoppe. They have been very helpful in helping me make choices are good for my workouts and my surgery.

I stayed away from the VENOM because of the Carbination. I am 11 months out and I stay as far away from it as I can. On the rare ocassion that I need a boost and reach for an energy drink I use ABB's Diet Turbo Tea. It comes in various flavors and as far as I can tell its a really good choice for post op patients.

Here are the specs:

ABB TURBO TEA DIET Sport Energy Drink Information:

ABB TURBO TEA DIET Sport Energy Drink
Pre-Workout& Thermogenesis
Feeling listless and lethargic? Dieting got you down? Or maybe you’re just looking to take your workout intensity to the next level. Kick your pre-workout energy levels into high gear with any of the powerful products in this category. Choose from Speed StackTM, Ripped Force®, Extreme Ripped Force®, Diet Turbo Tea®, Diet Force®, or the raging Adrenalyn StackTM.

Fitness & Energy Formula

ABB Turbo Tea is designed as a great tasting, naturally brewed tea beverage to provide you with the extra energy you need for tough workouts, endurance / cardio training, or the daily grind of a busy schedule. ABB Turbo Tea is sweetened with natural lemon flavors and crystalline fructose for sustained long-term energy.

When used as part of a low-fat diet and exercise plan, the benefits of Turbo Tea are:
Increased Energy Levels, Increased Mental Alertness, Increased Healthy Metabolism, Increased Carbohydrate Metabolism, Increased Workout Intensity & Delaying Onset of Fatigue

ABB TURBO TEA DIET

Best ways to use ABB TURBO TEA DIET Sport Energy Drink :

Additional Information on ABB TURBO TEA DIET Sport Energy Drink :

ABB TURBO TEA DIET INGREDIENTS: TRIPLE FILTERED WATER, NATURAL FLAVORS (TEA, CITRIC ACID, CARAMEL COLOR, NATURAL LEMON FLAVOR), PHOSPHORIC ACID, SUCRALOSE, POTASSIUM SORBATE AND POTASSIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVES), CITRIC ACID, ACESULFAME K, CAFFEINE, GINSENG, AND GUARANA EXTRACT.

• Calories 0
  • Total Carbohydrate 0g
  • Potassium 135mg
  • Caffeine 90mg
  • Sugars 0g
  • Phosphorus 80mg
  • Sodium 45mg

Jose
Most Active