Sick of the same ole' puree. (LAPBAND)

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 2:09 am - IL
I am just running out of ideas, I am 3+ weeks out of surgery and it seems like forever ago.  I was looking for ideas for different food or even soft food for transition.  I do not like cooked veggies, mexican or spicey, which apparently with this new diet is what everyone likes to eat.  Can anyone give me suggestions.  Right now I am eating scrambled eggs, pureed lunch meats, mashed potatoes, applesauce, chicken/tuna salad. That pretty much sums it up. 
Brenda E.
on 8/17/09 3:56 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I am on the soft food diet with my RNY surgery.  Here is some different things that I have had: turkey meatloaf, turkey burgers, corned beef hash, refried beans with cheese and sour cream.  Hope this helps a little!
~ Stylz ~
on 9/3/09 10:49 am - North of Boston, MA
refried beans!! I lived on them after surgery and couldn't get them past my lips before surgery.  They make you feel great, not heavy and lots of protein :)

stop at taco bell and pick up a cup of pintos (refried beans) and cheese (extra protein to boot).  I usually add a mild border sauce because they were a little too dry for my stomach. it got to the point i would go to taco bell, buy 5 and it would last the week :)

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Most Active