Pre Op Diet Suggestions

Papoose79
on 8/3/09 7:49 pm - Horn Lake, MS
Hello everyone!!

I was told by the surgeon to start doing these things while waiting for everything to be submitted to the insurance and I wanted some suggestions and opinions for this.

1. Take multi vitamins-I ordered those pre op Bariatric Advantage a month ago
2.Take B-12
3. B complex
4. Vitamin C
5. Start a Protein supplement (need some suggestions)
6. Lose 10 lbs!! Now I have been good at losing at least 10-20 lbs but since he said do this I feel lost!

Please if anyone has/had any pre-op suggestions or personal touches I would be more than grateful to have them. I know I know a million in one diets that I could possibly do but for some reason I am really tripping hard to make this work since I have been had so many set backs that weren't related to this!!!
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
Panther45011
on 9/4/09 12:45 pm - OH
  A basic idea for preop diet is listed at www.unjury.com, but sounds as though you have most of it going on.   This will reduce the fatty liver for the surgery, and lose some weight also.

Good luck!
Papoose79
on 9/6/09 7:15 pm - Horn Lake, MS
We have the same surgery date, are you ready? I think I am really ready but every now and again I get that thought of what if I don't make it.....I am ready!
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
Panther45011
on 9/9/09 1:37 pm - OH
I am as far as planning everything and getting the food together.  I officially start the preop diet Monday, although I've already started drinking some of the protein shakes and adding it to the yogurt.  Good luck on your big day wishing you well and to a speedy recovery.
Most Active