Organic Eaters?

star507
on 7/30/09 7:11 am - New York, NY
Just wondering if anyone here eats strictly organic products? As of now all of my dairy, and some veggies and fruits are organic but I am looking to make a switch to eating completely organic incluing meats. I just was wondering if anyoone else does this and any products/brands they reccommend? and also do you notice a big price diference?

Kali
MSW will not settle
on 8/1/09 4:54 am, edited 8/1/09 4:55 am
While I'm not strictly organic, most of my produce has been organic for years.  Organic markets have the other foods I like so I skip the supermarket and get everything in one place when I can. 

The brand Earthbound Farm is available in most supermarkets and organic markets.  Expect to pay more and the cost does add up.  If I had a large family I don't know that I would be willing to foot the bill.  I do not taste the difference. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Penguinschick
on 8/3/09 4:44 am - Sewickley, PA
Kali,  I'm looking to a make a switch to organic too, infact I came on the nutrition forum to post almost the same exact topic!

My efforts in addition to eating more organic which is better for our bodies and the environment is in hopes that I will also eat less sugar, addititives  and processed foods. I LOVE going to whole foods since most grocery stores in my area  have really bad organic selections. I do notice a price difference, but I'm only feeding myself, and if I don't eat things I shouldn't or dine out, I actually end up saving money.

Did anyone start eating organic pre-op and do you think that made a difference?
~Stacy
All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience - Henry Miller

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/09 8:08 am
I used to buy mostly organic food - and I found out that there was a big cost increase. maybe 30%-40% overall. Also - limited choices - very difficult for me to get all grocery organic. After a few years - I gave up. I am still very conscious about quality of food - but I relaxed a lot and try to live life. I avoid highly processed food (most of the time) and can not buy anything unless i read the ingredients.  I try to get a lot of things organic or at least "natural" and my life is simpler. 

If I had the time and money - they i would try to buy more things just organic or natural. But - I can't see that in a near future. The convenience of standard food - availability + price is what I need right now. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

designera
on 10/10/09 1:46 pm
I too have switched to mostly organic. I shop at Whole F**DS and I love their organic products especially the milk in the glass jar! WoW it is Fat Free and taste like it is whole it is sooooo good! I know the cost is more but I used to spend so much money on going out to eat and all my starbucks and now I don't so I think it evens out the cost. I am still in my pre-op but figured this was a great time to switch and get my family used to eating so much veggies and lean meats! It is like entering into a whole new world but I love the change.

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

Most Active