Constant Nausea

csalembier05
on 7/24/09 11:45 am - Washington, MI
I had my RNY on June 10, 2009.  I was at 277 pre-surg, 249 on the date of surgery, and 209 6 weeks after surgery.  I have had complications!!!  I ended up with a bleeding ulcer and ended up being hospitalized for a few days.  I am losing weight so fast because I am not hungry!  I am constantly nauseated!  Any advice?
Jackie McGee
on 7/24/09 7:52 pm - PA
I've been going through that since my surgery, too.

I had an EGD/EJD done a little over a month ago and they found that I have a bleeding ulcer on my jejunum and gave me medication for it. Since I've started the medication, the nausea has been slightly better. Have you called and discussed things with your surgeon?

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

csalembier05
on 7/24/09 11:04 pm - Washington, MI
Yes I have talked to my surgeon.  He had me on Carafate for the ulcer.  Now he has me on tums for the nausea and it is not working!
Jackie McGee
on 7/26/09 2:24 pm - PA
I'm on Carafate, too, and it's not working for me either although the vomiting has slowed down to every 3 to 4 days instead of every time I eat.

Look into getting some anti-nausea pills. I am on Phenergan (not sure if I spelled that right) and it has been very helpful.

lucybarreto
on 7/27/09 9:54 am
did you start to throw up after surgery or when you began to eat solid food
Jackie McGee
on 7/27/09 12:38 pm - PA
Immediately after surgery. i could barely keep liquids down, too.

CarriBeauBerri
on 10/21/09 5:38 am - Yucca Valley, CA
I was put on Carafate and Zofran. Zofran is a wonderful anti-nausea medicine. Ask the doctor for script for 4mg. If 4mg isn't working then ask for 8mg. They give it to pregnant women with nausea and cancer patients.
Most Active