Vitimans

Smiller100
on 7/21/09 7:25 am - Charlotte, NC
Hey eveyrone,

First off let me say that I've done this to myself. I have become vitiman B12 and Iron deficient because I haven't taken my multi like I should have been. I am also vitiman D deficient but they said that is because my primary job is 3rd shift and it doesn't help that I rarely see the sun anymore except on my way home and days off...haha

Anyways, my question to you is, I've recently purchase a B12 sublingual, 60mg chewable iron and a dry vitiman D suppliment all from bariatric advantage online. So the question is, do you think its okay to take all 3 at one time or should I space it out? Like should I take the iron earlier than take the other 2 back to back or what should I do? I don't want to OD on vitimans either..haha..I also will continue taking my chewable multi. I need to get my health back on track so I can get and finish paramedic school...=)...Any suggestions PLEASE...=)
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 2:13 am
Good Morning!
 No, do NOT take the iron with anything. All iron must be taken alone, with a 2 hour window before and after. I space out my vitamins in the following manner:

Early morning- (before breakfast, taken with protein shake)

Vitamin A dry
 cranberry supplement- (I repeatedly get UTI's)
 Calcium (dry powder in Protein shake)
 Probiotic's
 200 mcg of Vitamin K- (I ended up with a Vitamin K deficiency which causes a lot of bruising on my arms)

Morning: (after breakfast)

Multi (super strength)
 600 mg calcium citrate
 One B-Complex 100
 3000mg of Vitamin D- dry

Mid Morning- (2 hours later)

2  Iron capsules- (amino acid chelated for better absorption)
 500 mg of Vitamin C- (again helps iron absorb well)

Afternoon- (at least 2 hours later)

Multi (super strength)
 600 mg calcium
 One B-Complex 100
 3000 mg of dry Vitamin D

Late Afternoon- 

One b-12 sublingual - 3000 mcg- (about 3 times a week)

Hope this gives you an idea on how to go about being vigilant with your vitamins. I also found little tiny pill bags at Vitamin Shoppe. They are so handy, much better than carrying snack size baggies.
Have a great day!

Most Active