Sugar-free drink mix that does not taste like kool-aid?

NYCLaura
on 7/18/09 10:42 am - Flushing, NY
Crossposted..

OK, so I am testing out the various sugar-free drink mixes to see which ones are my favorite. So far...NONE.

I have been a fierce Diet Pepsi drinker for years; but these mixes all taste SO sweet they put my teeth on edge. I will be drinking a lot of plain water, sure, but I was hoping I could find something that didn't taste like melted Jello. I've been trying Crystal Light, Lipton and Target house brand mix-ins, those little staws you can use in a bottle of water.

Even the iced-tea mixes are too sweet, and they don't taste like tea at all.

Is there any sugar-free drink mix, for water, that actually tastes like something a grown-up would drink? I will make my own iced tea at home, but I was hoping for something I could take with me.

I looked for reviews of the drink mixes, but mostly they are from people who seem to enjoy that sort of kool-aid flavor.

Laura
JustMeee0609
on 7/18/09 10:49 am - Tyronza, AR
I tried Wylers sugar free drink mixes. The raspberry lemonaid tastes the best. I like this better than crystal light.

Just Meee aka Linda    
Come join me in the Bariatric Buddy Group
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy/

Highest weight 406, Surgery weight 386, and now on the Losers Bench! 

kilmarlic
on 7/21/09 1:41 am - powells point, NC
Try adding some "True Lemon" it's concentrated lemon without any sweetener. It doesn't take a whole lot and I love it. They also make Orange and Lime flavors. If you want lemonade that tastes like the real thing just add a little splenda to suit your taste.

I get mine at the local grocery store and it's located where the splenda and artificial sweeteners are at.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

NYCLaura
on 7/22/09 2:28 am - Flushing, NY
Thank you, I will look for that!
Mechelle Marie
on 7/29/09 12:15 am
I dont know if your Dr agress but mine said tea and coffee are acceptable. I do not like the drink mixes either. I just dont like fruit punch stuff. If you like ice tea try a an Ice Tea Maker and just brew up a fresh batch in the morning when you do your coffee, if you do coffee. Then you will have a pitcher of fresh ice tea for the day. The sugar free syrups if you like them can flavor the tea. I prefer it plain. Also if you like lightly flavored water I go to a cafe here that makes what they call auzzie water. They take fresh fruit, melons and berries and citrus and cut them up soaking them in the water overnight in the fridge. It makes a light flavored water. They do a cucumber melon one that is good, cantalope and cucumbers with some red grapes. It is always treat to get this water there and they do not charge extra for it, it is just a water choice.
Most Active