Body Fortress Strawberry

grigri
on 7/16/09 4:50 am - Lumberton, TX
Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but just got the huge tub of Body Fortress Strawberry from Wal-Mart.  Very reasonable at $14, however I mixed it with skim and I couldn't even do a mouth full.  Very gritty, bitter almost metalic tasting, just horrible.  Can anyone give me any suggestions to jazz it up?  Also, I've heard the Vanilla is better, any input before I go out and buy it?  Going to GNC in a little bit to get some ideas.  I've got Unjury Vanilla and Chocolate that are ok, just smell a little funky at first.  I've tried the Bariatric Advantage various flavors and they were probably the best, just want something I don't have to order online.  Sorry for the ramble, just needing ideas.  THANKS!

Pam T.
on 7/16/09 11:05 pm - Saginaw, MI
 The metallic taste is probably not the protein powder ... it's leftover anesthesia from your surgery.  It'll last about 10-14 days.  

I use the strawberry BF as a base for my fruit smoothies.  But you're probably not cleared for fruit yet, so maybe try some SF flavored syrups (raspberry?) or maybe a splash of crystal light for a flavor boost.  Try mixing the BF and milk with some ice cubes in the blender for super thick Frosty consistance and eat it with a spoon.  Or mix it with pudding (1/2 scoop to 1 vnilla pudding cup).  

right after my surgery I couldn't do the BF brand even though I loved it pre-op.  SO I tried a bunch of other brands/flavors.  But suddenly at about the 2 month mark I like BF again and now it's the only kind I use most of the time. 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

grigri
on 7/17/09 12:44 am - Lumberton, TX

Sounds good, thanks for your help!

The One
on 7/19/09 10:13 am - Houston, TX
I us BF Strawberry but I mix it with strawberry and banana so it's more like a smoothie than a proyein drink and it tastes awesome.

designera
on 10/10/09 2:03 pm
I too use to BF brands. So much protein for the price is the main reason. As for the taste well I dont like any of the shakes. But I am still pre-op and just trying out the protien. I bought the cookie and cream one and I add 1 pouch of Nescafe instand decafe coffee to and 1 tsp sugar free caramel! I always put ice and that makes  huge differance. Yumm it is a mocha protein shake! I like to use vanilla throw in some sugar free applesauce and tons of cinnamon and it is great! I also use the chocolate and throw in 1 tsp sugar free natural peanut butter. Reese cup shake! So far so good. I am replacing 1 meal a day now. Next faze is 2 meals a day!

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

Most Active