Common problem, but need help!

GordonGirl
on 7/14/09 8:43 am - SoCal, CA
I am now 7 mos. out from RNY and have succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. I have lost 85 pounds with another 15 pounds to go, but... for the last 6 weeks I have been stalled. I have been journaling my food and exercise intake and average about 1000 cals (90-100grams of protein) per day on off days and 12-1300 cals per day on exercise days. I run 4-4.5 miles every other day with moderate walk or swim on off days. Given all that I am not losing weight. I tried to increase my calories up to 1400-1500 on exercise days in hopes of preventing the "starvation" mode.  That only caused me to gain weight (2-3) pounds that week. How can get back to losing again or better yet what has worked for you during stalls, etc... I'm 5'8 and 152 pounds.

Thanks...Debbie
Pam T.
on 7/16/09 11:08 pm - Saginaw, MI
 I think you need more calories.  Try upping to around 1200 and stay there for at least 2 weeks.  (The 1400-1500 range is probably better, but work up to that level slowly.)   Don't let a small gain (it's not really a gain) at the 1 week mark throw you off.... your body needs to adjust and it takes a couple weeks for it to realize that more calories is good.  You're exercising a lot and you need the nourishment.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active