aspartame triggering insulin response?

ejjy
on 7/12/09 6:59 am - Watertown, MA
i stumbled on some articles (nothing peer reviewed) recently citing some studies somewhere, one said baldly that 25% of people sampled have an insulin response to aspartame (equal).  The release of insulin, if i understand correctly, stops or prevents fat loss?

can anyone point me toward some sources for these studies?  or is it one of those things that get cited so often people accept it as fact, but has no actual basis?

i'm not a fan of aspartame, never liked the taste, gives me headaches, always kind of suspicious of the health impact, it gets a lot of bad press. 

i thought this might be relevant to the recent post querying about diet sodas as well.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

MSW will not settle
on 7/17/09 12:18 pm
About two weeks back I read an article on a low carb site about sucralose (splenda).  It branded splenda as the insulin villan along with sugar alchohols and vindicated aspartamine (nutrasweet).  Just like what you heard, no links to any reputable studies.

I use both and I like both.  As long as they don't slow my wl, all things in moderation.  I'm very 'carb sensitive' (my own term), but I've noticed no difference in progress when I use these and when I don't.

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active