A little confused

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/09 1:03 am
A couple of things my doctor & nutritionist said would be ok for phase 1 of my post-surgery (RnY) diet was apple juice and cranberry juice.  But neither my husband and I were able to find any that were sugar free and I'm supposed to be on a sugar free clear liquid diet right now (just had my surgery on 6/17).  The only thing that I know is sugar free are the Crystal Light drinks.  Any suggestions out there? 

Carin

blackburn.vicki
on 6/21/09 6:25 am
 Try a health food store, Trader Joes or whole foods

Vicki B
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/09 6:30 am
Thanks, I'll do that.  I think we have something called Nature's Grocer here.
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/09 9:23 am
You will not be able to find sugar free juice.
What you will find is no sugar added juice.
All juice  will have sugar.
If you are approved to drink juice - it is in small qty and usually diluted 1;1 with water or  1 oz juice - 4 oz water. 
Pure cranberry juice is very tart.  I think 8 oz will only have 8 gr of sugar - but that still may be to much straight. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/09 9:48 am
Thank you for clarifying that!  I did see on the "brochure" they gave me that it could be juice diluted w/ water, or light juice.  Yeah I'm not real big on cranberry juice.  Actually I dislike apple juice as well, so I haven't been in a hurry to get either.
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/09 9:56 am
That is good because our nut di dnot allowed us any juice post op - "do not drink your calories unless it is proteins" lol.

It is goo dto kno wthat we can have some - grape juice is usually much hiher in sugar and citrus - may be too accidic fo rour pouches...

Drink water, teas, flavored drinks (my fav is "All Bran fiber drink mix" - taste good, no sugar , no sugar alcohols and delivers 10 gr of fiber per drink..- new slogan - "fiber - is what we need every day... "  lol
have fun... hope you do...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

paracelsus51
on 7/26/09 12:31 pm
I drink Ocean Spray light. It's sugar free. I think it uses Splenda. It's something like 50 calories in 8 ounces.  It can be found at any Walmart or regular grocery store. There is usually a store brand too. I was allowed sugar free juice. I have drunk cranberry juice all of my life. Supposed to be really good the urinary tract system. Pretty much the only tract I haven't had issues with. I also don't like apple juice, so I'm with you on that one.
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 2:11 pm
Yep, I found it a couple weeks ago or so.  Its in powder form (maybe liquid form too, but I haven't seen that around here).
paracelsus51
on 7/26/09 2:52 pm
This is in liquid form 64oz bottle. Should just be in the juice aisle with all the others.

The powdered drink is something different. Not sure how much cranberry there is in the powder form. Also, the diet 5 calorie Ocean Spray is just a flavored drink. I didn't care for it at all.
Rinny4201
on 10/6/09 4:21 pm - Miamisburg, OH
walmart has these small container of juice for kids   most are organic or  no sugar added and they come in small containers just right for us
Most Active