anyone try chocolate muscle milk

robinfrommilw
on 6/19/09 12:12 am - WI
omg glad I only bought 1 bottle. I am just going to jug it down for my breakfast. I saw it at walgreens it was $3.49 for 14 oz bottle. It has 25 gms of protein. calories is abit high 230. my dietician want me to keep calories under 200 for the protein drinks. I just figure give it a try since it was sold by a single bottle. Its hard to find singles so its good thing I didn't get a whole 4 pk . It came in vanilla, chocolate and bannana.

Anyone try this one before. What are some good chocolate protein drinks that you can recommend. I am still pre surgery. I did just finish my 6 month supervised diet and waiting on surgeon office to call me for appt.

Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Lisa_T
on 6/19/09 2:44 am - CA
Pre surgery I would put muscle milk light in choc in my coffee and loved it.  I think MM light is a different one that you might be looking at.  I was getting them at Costco or Wallmart, they were around $2.25.

Post surgery I was on a road trip and went to a 7-11 type store and saw a bottle of Muscle Milk (not the light) and got it.  I started drinking it and it was way way way to sweet.  I'm sure you've heard it here before but your taste buds really do change.

So just start around and testing out and don't stock up on to many because your taste buds will change after surgery.  A good website to check out is Vitalady, you can buy samples of the protein there. 

Good luck!
tasha1972
on 6/20/09 2:36 am - Milwaukee, WI
I just had appointment with my nutrionist yesturday and I was tell her how I loved drinking muscle milk because it taste so good and at the time I was drinking muscle milk I was exercising but managed to lose no weight because muscle milk is designed for people who want to buld muscle mass like a weight llifter so now I am drinking right size smoothies but muscle milk taste 10 times better
Sandra B.
on 6/21/09 7:48 am - Savannah, GA
A ready to drink chocolate protein drink I love is Oh Yeah!  And really when I drank it for the first time that is exactly what I said.  It's thick and tasty like store bought chocolate milk in the carton.  Yum!  The only thing is sometimes it reacts a little badly with me - a friend suggested pouring it over ice and making the one bottle be two servings so there isn't as much fat.  GNC in my area sells the RTD Oh Yeah! drinks.

I bought the muscle milk for my mother when she had to drink protein drinks and wanted a RTD option and she said it was awful!  She usually loves all kind of protein drinks so I'm sticking with the Oh Yeah!

Now if you want one to mix up, I have found over the past 4 years that I still come back to my favorite chocolate protein drink - IDS Belgium chocolate.  I mix it with about a quarter cup of milk and the res****er and then add crushed ice and blend it in the magic bullet for a yummy breakfast protein treat.
bwburgin1015
on 7/10/09 6:34 am - NC
I LOVE muscle milk...but due to the high calorie content, I'm going to soon be buying muscle milk light.  I've been drinking EAS shakes from Sam's Club, but can't stomach them anymore.  I've drank muscle milk light before my surgery when I was pretty big into weight lifting, and I really like it.  It's not good with water...none of them are, but milk is great.
ejjy
on 7/12/09 6:52 am - Watertown, MA
i have not tried the regular muscle milk.  i got the muscle milk light and it was tasty initially but i could not stand the aftertaste.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

paracelsus51
on 7/26/09 1:26 pm
I tried the muscle milk light and it is way too sweet for me. I gave it to my sister, who is not banded and it was way to sweet for her too. I got a four pack at walmart and the price was pretty good. Only 100 calories. Most of the pre-made drinks have the same base liquid and all have that horrible taste to them. I have ended up using mostly Instant breakfast, which isn't as good, but at least I can drink it. I am amazed at people who can down those Slimfast shakes too. Blech!
Most Active