Meal plan for weight loss

Noahsarksd
on 6/7/09 8:07 am - Rapid City, SD
I am 3 years out and have gained about 20 lbs. I would like to lose at least 10 lbs. The type of diet that works best for me is when that tells me what to eat and when. I like to have a weeks worth of meal plans. Does anyone have a high protien meal plan?
Would someone who is doing good maintaining or losing be willing to share their food journal with me?
Kathryn_SIGGY.jpg
MarisolV
on 6/8/09 12:31 am - Piscataway, NJ
It is important to eat within one hour of waking up and to continue eating every three to four hours to keep the metabolism going, as this aids in weight loss.  At each and every meal always have a lean protein and a complex carbohydrate.  For example, for breakfast having 1/4 cup of egg beaters with 1 slice of lowfat cheese on 1 slice of whole wheat toast would be an example lean protein and a complex carbohydrate.  Try to make dinner your last meal and be sure to drink 64 ounces of calorie free fluid a day. 

Sample Menu:   Wake up: 6am   7:00am Breakfast: 2oz of egg beaters & 1/4 mashed banana 10:00am Mid morning snack: 2oz of low-fat cottage cheese 1/4 cup of cantaloupe 1:00pm Lunch: 3oz of tuna salad made w/low-fat mayo, 2-4 whole grain crackers 4pm Mid afternoon snack: 4oz of greek style yogurt 7pm Dinner: 2oz of fish, 2oz soft cooked vegetable
Marisol Vazquez
Director of Nutrition, Registered Dietitian (RD), BS
Kingley Health "Tranforming Lives"

By posting, Kingley Health makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.

Most Active