Pureed foods suggestions

charlene1
on 6/4/09 12:29 pm - Wilmington, NC
I'm 2 weeks post op and starting pureed foods tomorrow.  Just wondered if any of you had any suggestions on foods to eat or recipes you liked or where I could find some.

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be -----David Viscott      
bellaxamore
on 6/7/09 2:45 am
im on pureed right now and i eat roast beef hash in  a can sounds looks and smells like dog food tate like heaven hahahah.
tuna salad
chiken sald
egg salad
potato salad
mashed potatos
u can add pesto sauce or curry pwder to the tuna and chicken its yummy
i also like humus yuuumy
pudding
beans with some cheese and sour cream and a lil pesto

hope that helps.
:o)

bellaxamore
on 6/7/09 2:58 am
ohhh and
cottage4 cheese
and scrambled eggs
yougurt

MarisolV
on 6/8/09 12:33 am - Piscataway, NJ
2 weeks post op should start to include soft foods, for example, low-fat cottage cheese, greek style yogurt (Chobani 0% or Fage Total 0% or Oikos), soft-cooked egg whites or EggBeaters.  Canned tuna packed in water, tofu, soft, low-fat cheese, cooked lentils & high protein, reduced sodium soups are also great foods to start with.  Tofu is a great source of protein and is often forgotten about.  Check out www.eatbetteramerica.com for some recipe ideas.  Keep in mind you dont want to puree your foods, your mouth is the mechanics for your new stomach.  You can do soft foods, just be sure to chew it thoroughly and take your time eating a meal.
Marisol Vazquez
Director of Nutrition, Registered Dietitian (RD), BS
Kingley Health "Tranforming Lives"

By posting, Kingley Health makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein. This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition. No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind. No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help. If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.

namest
on 8/22/09 4:11 pm - Canada
I made myself a quiche with a mashed pototo crust for something different.

I made instant mashed potatoes and spread them on the bottom of a glass pie plate. 

Then I sauted mushrooms, onions, zuchinni and put it in the blender with some eggs and spinach and blended till smooth.  Then I poured it on top of the mashed potatoes and baked at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Very soft easy to eat and tasted like a real quiche!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfBwKM5/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfBwKM5/s-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active