10 years after the surgery... what do I do now?

jfroggie77
on 5/17/09 9:41 am
I maintained a 180 pound weight loss for about nine years. In the last year, I've seen ten pounds creep on. No amount of exercise seems to help, but I know I should/can change my diet. Can anyone suggest a good nutrition plan to kick start some weight loss again? Over the years, my portion sizes have increased, and my nutrition has slacked some... but there haven't been any significant changes that would indicate the weight gain recently.

Thanks for your help-

Jaime
Pam T.
on 5/18/09 11:11 pm - Saginaw, MI
Jaime -

First you should make sure the weight gain isn't something medical.  Have your full round of labs drawn and make sure they check your thyroid or any other medical condition that might cause weight gain.  Have you started any new meds that might promote a gain?  Definitely discuss all this with your doctor.

Once you've ruled out that it's not medical, then you need to get back to basics on the diet and exercise plan.

* Protein first -- 80-100g per day
* Veggies, fruit and starch second ... choose healthy complex carbs and healthy fats
* Get all your water - 64oz/day
No drinking with meals or for 60-90 minutes afterward
* Track your food in a food log or notebook.  Even if YOU aren't tracking your calories, your BODY is.
* Exercise your butt off.  You should be sweating like a pig at least 5 days a week.

Good luck
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

LouLor
on 5/20/09 1:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/12/08 with
I am a fan of the GI Diet.  You can get the book for a reasonable price.  Plus there are a couple of web sites with diets.  Good luck!
Most Active