NUT: Calorie Intake Question

birdgherl
on 5/13/09 5:58 am
I spoke with the nut at my surgeon's office regarding calories and protein. I am nearly 2 years out and at 5'5" weigh 155. I would like to lose another 15 lbs pre plastics. The nut said I would need 55-70g protein and 1050 calories per day to keep losing. I exercise 3-4 times per week but not incredibly strenuously...walking, pilates, light weights. I am having a hard time staying at 1050. This seems low. What do you think?
Thanks!
Amy I.
on 5/13/09 6:23 am
This sounds about right to me as well.  For weight loss, I generally urge my clients to aim for 70 grams protein/day and <40 grams carbohydrate/day.  So you'll really want to get that protein in at meal times (which will keep you feeling fuller longer).  Mix in some vegetables at meal times.  Get fluids between meals and keep snacking to a minimum.  You might want to try tracking your intake at fitday.com or dailyplate.com to get calorie, carb, protein intake to help you monitor.  As always, exercise is important so what you're doing now sounds great! You could try to aim for an extra day a week (exercise 5x/week) if you wanted to. 

Hope this helps!

Amy Ingols, RD

Amy Ingols, Registered Dietitian

Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco

birdgherl
on 5/14/09 9:52 am
Thanks for your help!
Most Active