Full Liquid Diet - HELP!

sillygirl18
on 5/12/09 12:13 am
I'm having surgery May 29th.  Gastric banding.  I've already had RNY-open in 2002.  I went to a different surgeon this time and they aren't as organized as my prior surgeon's office.  This time they told me to do a full liquid diet 10 days prior to surgery - but they aren't giving me a list of what would be "full liquids"  Can someone give me a list or send me a link?  Thanks!
sexxyback1_
on 5/28/09 4:28 pm - Parkville, MD
pudding consitence foods. soups. protein shakes. apple sauce. yogurts. mash potatoes or sweet potatoes.  etc.
sexxyback1_
on 5/28/09 4:31 pm - Parkville, MD

Full liquids are the next dietary progression. You are still consuming one to two tablespoons every 15-20 minutes. Now you have a protein goal of 30 grams a day. You will alternate your full liquids with your clear liquids and consume six cups of liquid over a 12-hour period each day. When starting the full liquid diet you also incorporate low carbohydrate protein powders or shakes as well as milk, yogurt, cream of wheat or rice, farina and grits.  In order to help you meet your protein goal, you may want to try double milk that has 16 grams of protein in approximately 1 cup. It is made by adding 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder to one cup of skim milk and is often used when making sugar-free pudding. With the initiation of dairy products, symptoms of lactose intolerance may be a problem. If you were lactose intolerant prior to the surgery, you will probably remain so after surgery.  Some develop it after surgery but usually it is temporary. If the symptoms remain, try using lactose-free or soymilk. Chewable pills or drops that break down the lactose are also available. 

Most Active