liquid egg whites

speicallady
on 5/9/09 1:14 am - bronx, NY
I am trying to boast my protein intake, can I  add those egg white to the protein mix, I make every morning with fresh fruit?

they have the one with no taste, I am wondering if anyone has tryed this

thanks

Debra
sarard
on 5/9/09 5:50 am - Costa Mesa, CA
 Are you talking about the ones in the refrigerator section of the supermarket?  "Egg Beaters"  or something like that?  The liquid ones?  If so, those are RAW eggs and really should only be eaten cooked.  

Please let me know if I'm thinking of the wrong thing .... 

Thanks
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
speicallady
on 5/9/09 6:51 am - bronx, NY
thank you for replying to my post, the egg white that I am asking about are
pastearizse liq egg whites.

To solve this, 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are low heat pasteurized. Our pasteurization process cooks the egg whites at 134 degrees for 3 1/2 minutes. This proper temperature kills any salmonella (if present) and neutralizes the Avidin enzyme without damaging the protein which allows the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body.

100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are “liquid" but not “raw" making them the purest and most versatile form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World! They are odorless, tasteless, and mix easily into all your favorite shakes, drinks, or foods without cooking and are 100% Bio-Available.

these can be ordered on line, i want to know if anyone tries them with smooties

thanks

deb
sarard
on 5/9/09 7:30 pm - Costa Mesa, CA
Ahhhh.... OK.  Thanks for the information. 
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
speicallady
on 5/9/09 8:08 pm - bronx, NY
are they good to use in smoothie?  everything man makes in not good or good for you
trying to keep my proteins levels high, and this is not possible all the time.

should these egg white be used in smoothies

that informaton was from the website,

thanks

deb
Most Active