appetite picking up!

covingtono
on 4/23/09 11:16 pm - Williamstown, NJ
Hi. I am 2 years out revision (lapband to RNY). I lost about  93 lbs., could always eat any and everything, unfortunately.  lately, i am eating more than usual and increasing my sweet intake. I think i gained a few pounds.  obviously, i still don't know how to eat. Time for me to gain some type of control, which i never had, which is why i needed the surgery to begin with. HELLP! I am afraid! i don't want to gain my weight back! where do i begin?
Amy I.
on 5/12/09 9:03 am
Don't worry, you can certainly work with this.  Usually I find that when you start to eat sweets, you start to crave it more which means you might find yourself eating them everday, those calories can add up.  You should start by going back to 3 meals a day and cutting the sweets out.  You should focus on protein at meal times (eggs, turkey, chicken, luncheon meats, fish, tofu, lean meats, etc).  At lunch and dinner, add in a vegetable but stay away from peas and corn as these are starchy vegetables.  Fruits and whole grains are okay too but add them in sparingly at meal times.  If you're hungry between meals, make it a small snack such as a reduced fat cheese stick, raw vegetables, small hanful of fruit, or a protein drink.  Any added exercise will help to! 

You can do it!

Amy Ingols, RD

Amy Ingols, Registered Dietitian

Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco

covingtono
on 5/12/09 11:21 am - Williamstown, NJ
Thank you! I am also eating lots of fruit, usually fruit salad containing citrus fruits. Is that a problem?
Most Active