Super Thirsty.....What to drink????

Dawny R.
on 4/23/09 3:04 am - Long Beach, CA

I am a little over 6 weeks out of RNY.....I have always drank alot of water and crytal light (before surgery) but now I cant drink either one without vomiting...the only thing I can drink is Gaterade and V8 juice and fruit juice.........Any suggestions????  Maybe some sun tea???  Anyone else having problems with this???

surrender44
on 4/23/09 3:29 am - union, NJ

I found out that we can have diet snapple teas.  Since surgery I have been basically living off water cause post op, I am not happy with CL. My favorite snapple is the lemonade iced tea.  1 gram of sugar and very low carbs.  Sry you are having this problem my day one sister.  Hope everything else is well.  Getting ready for 6 week followup today.  Have you had yours?

I pray to always remember newbies
After the rain comes the rainbows
w ww.myspace.com/ultranay

Dawny R.
on 4/23/09 6:34 am - Long Beach, CA

Well I am actually having problems getting foods in also, but sticking with soups and protein shakes is keeping me fed....I have tried broiled, rotiserie and other chickens....all make me vomit as well....any tips you have for foods to try would be greatly apprieciated as well I didnt want to whine too much and thought I'd start with trying to iron out he liquids issue.

My next dr. appt is the 30th.....good luck with your appt today.  And thanks for the Snapple tip, I forgot about that I used to love the Apple Snapple I assume they make a diet, but even the teas sound refreshing :-)  Because between the gaterade and the V8 I was going to start puffing up like a puffer fish with all that sodium.

surrender44
on 4/24/09 12:33 am - union, NJ
I love the Apple Snapple however have not seen the diet as of late.  I have a copy of my nut guidelines from my surgeon.  Hit me up with your email and I will scan
I pray to always remember newbies
After the rain comes the rainbows
w ww.myspace.com/ultranay

Dawny R.
on 4/24/09 12:41 am - Long Beach, CA

Email is [email protected]   Thanks a bunch.

jgoodin007
on 5/5/09 3:12 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I drink a TON of propel water,  powerade zero, and diet cranberry juice.  I can hardly tolerate plain water since my surgery and have just recently began to stomach CL so it took me a minute to find those alternatives.

Good luck!
Most Active