Deer Meat???

lucky62756
on 4/9/09 11:06 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
My brother-in-law just gave me some Deer Steaks, I need some help in making it...I am not really crazy about Deer meat, but my husband loves it...Any recipes would be Great...        'Lucky"

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

stephaniejoy
on 4/10/09 9:57 am, edited 4/10/09 9:57 am - Mont Belvieu, TX
If it's just him eating it, not you, then pound it out with a meat hammer....dredge in flour, then egg....back through flour. Pan fry in about an inch of hot oil. Serve with rice and gravy. I LOVE deer meat and will indulge in a piece or two when we cook it. Mmmmmmm.....now I'm jealous.

Edited to add: Deer meat is very high in protein and very low in fat....it's very good for you! Eat it!

Stephanie H.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
- Bernadette Devlin
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway - Earl Nightingale
All Time High/Pre-Op/Surgery Day/
1st Goal/2nd Goal/Current

217          210          204            145       135          118
                                         GOAL!!!
April 7th 2010 - LBL/BL/BA

WAhunter
on 4/15/09 2:56 pm - Yale, WA
VSG on 03/31/09 with
marinade in worchestershire sauce and liquid smoke over night. then cook like normal steaks.. prefer on a bbq.. maybe sprinkle on a lil ms dash table blend  while cooking.
Keep`n the Faith

emt4jesus
on 4/16/09 4:41 am - Huntsville, AL
I eat venison all through the year.  The one thing you must remember is not to over cook the meat.  Venison is very lean to begin with and cooking the meat too long will dry it out and make it tough.  I grill most of my venison.  Marinading is good too but again, don't marinade it for too long or all you will taste is the marinade.  I use a worcestershire, teriyaki, beer, and lemon juice marinade for about 6 to eight hours.  I also use McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning when I put the meat on the grill.  You can slow cook the meat in a crock pot but once again, do not over cook it.  Unlike beef or pork that have high fat content, venison will get tough on you if you leave it too long in the crock pot.

Enjoy,
  Ed

Most Active