Can anyone recommend an Omega 3 pill that can be swallowed easily or chewed

swannysaunt
on 4/3/09 5:12 pm
I had GBS in 2004 and would like to start taking an Omega 3 supplement.   Can anyone recommend one that is either easily swallowed or chewable (but tastes good).  Thanks
Pam T.
on 4/6/09 12:14 am - Saginaw, MI
I just take the regular old fish oil capsules.  Yes, they're big, but they are easy to swallow.  I actually have an easier time taking those than I do the little pills.  Or if you're brave, you can try the fish oil liquid -- apparently the lemon flavor stuff is good (tastes like a lemon drop candy, I'm told). 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

bursonc
on 4/7/09 3:38 am
I use Omega - 3 "Coromega" .  I order it online.  It comes in a packet like a ketchup packet.  It is a pudding texture.  There is about 1/2 tsp in each packet.  I have the orange flavor w/ a hint of chocolate. 

I do not have an after taste with it.  It is nothing to take.  I put it on a spoon and eat it and follow it with some kind of liquid.

When  I got it I was a little afraid to take it because I had hears so much about the after taste of fish oil.  I wish I would have started taking it earlier. 

I have had no problems with it.  It is great.

I think you can order it from vitalady, I ordered it from someone online that was a little cheaper.  I got my multivitamin (chewable) lemon flavored; calcium (chewable) citrate chocolate flavored and this.  The person I got them from was a little cheaper than other places. 

Send me a message if you want their email to order it.  I'll send it to you.
Carrie
Moj_ Patti
on 7/13/09 7:48 am - Where the Jackalopes Roam, CA
I bought mine at the Vitamin Shoppe. They had lemon line, orange and chocolate orange flavors. I like the lemon lime best.
One food makes you larger, and one food makes you small... 
queenlatta
on 4/9/09 1:01 pm - Latta, SC
I add ground flax seed to my protein shake in the morning and to my vegetables with my supper.  I keep it in the refrigerator and it adds a really nice nutty flavor to green beans or salads.  My family thinks it's some type of spice..lol  It's great for your bowels too!
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God"  ICorin 10:31
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/09 2:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Try adding Flaxseed oil to your diet......I use it on oatmeal and on top of salads....VERY VERY Health stuff!
rainbowconnection
on 5/31/09 12:22 am - houston, TX
 GNC and Walgreens carry a chewable form.  I comes in a bag and is orange and tastes like starburst
MacArthurBug
on 6/30/09 2:23 am - KY
I do the fish oil pills. Also Try to eat more fish if/when you can that's one of the BEST sources for protien and omega three you can get. Salmon is a bit strong tasting for me, but I try to get it in at least once a week.
Flax seeds (if you can handle the crunchy stuff) are wonderful for adding to things, flax oil isn't my fav- but it works pretty well.

~*~ Amber ~*~
highest weight: 335 (possibly more) pounds
current weight: holding steady at about 138-142 
Lowest weight: 136
New goal: Find my balence

ejjy
on 7/12/09 7:00 am - Watertown, MA
i would just buy flax seed oil and sprinkle on some of my food myself.  i meant to pick some up this week, dang it!

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Most Active