Anyone eat wild game or pork?

4hmomwyo
on 4/1/09 2:41 am - Laramie, WY
I posted this on the lapband forum, but thought it would be good here as well.

Just wondering, as all the diets talk about beef, chicken and fish.  We eat predominantly wild game and pork and I'm curious how that works with the lap band?
Laura
Jennifer M.
on 4/1/09 7:36 am - Casper, WY
My situation is a little different. I had Lap-RNY but we predominately eat wild game at our house (have 3 elk in freezer right now). I actually prefer it as it has alot less fat in it.

Sorry I don't have an answer on the pork as we don't eat much of it at our house.
sarard
on 4/3/09 10:28 am - Costa Mesa, CA
 Same as beef .... 
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
kilmarlic
on 4/6/09 4:03 am - powells point, NC
I'm an RNYer but I still cook lits of both pork and game. They're crockpot friendly and anything that can be cooked in the crock pot is a GOOD thing for me to eat.

Good Luck!!
- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

bursonc
on 4/7/09 4:13 am
I eat deer chilli; I eat deer steak. (fried or smothered in gravy).. very tenderized ( I use a Pampered Chef tenderizer ... it is awesome).  Usually one piece is enough.  No problems.
kcb
on 4/10/09 7:21 pm - wimberley, TX
RNY on 10/02/06 with
i eat alot of lamb, because we raise it and have it made into lambburger and jerky, we use it instead of hamburger.  I don't have any problems with it, I also eat bacon and pork chops no problems.
Most Active