I do not know how much calories and such i should be having

tdehne
on 3/26/09 1:03 am - wood river, IL
I had gastric sleeve in july of 2008 I am down 110 lbs i still need to loose 25 lbs I had surgery in mexico and everything has been great but i do not have a nut. to talk to I am not sure how many calories and protien and fat i should have a day i have gained 3 lbs over the last 3 weeks i work out every day at least 30 minutes and have about 1200 cal a day where should i cut do i follow low fat diet or low carb diet i am so confused can someone help
aallen8787
on 3/27/09 2:15 am
My nut told me that I should be eating 80-90 grams of protein a day and that my fat intake shouldn't be more than 25% of my daily intake. She didn't have a percentage for carbs, but from what I've read, watching the carbs is always a good thing for weight loss. I had RNY on 7-22-08 so you may have different guidelines than I do, but I'm only eating about 600-800 calories a day which the nut said is perfectly normal and safe.
Forkpower
on 4/20/09 8:44 am
Carbohydrates should be less than 40 grams a day, protein needs to be at least 60 grams per day, and fat should be less than 20 grams a day.  During active weight loss it is advised that you consume 600-800 calories a day.  In addition, it is vital to be well hydrated (64 ounces of water daily).  For weight loss it is suggested that you undertake a low-carbohydrate diet, as well as decrease the amount of calories you consume and increase your exercise regimen (incidentally, do you do weights?  if not you should start). 

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.
Most Active