any RNY low carbers

turtle829
on 3/22/09 12:26 am
Revision on 08/04/15
I am wanting something tha doesn't require a lot of thinking 

do any of you guys, who had the RNY, do low carb with success
jennaflirt
on 3/22/09 9:32 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have cut out bread, pasta and rice altogether.  But I am still weak for crackers.  Cheez its to be specific.  I use spaghetti squash in place of pasta and that is yummy.  i eat alot of that.  I also do alot of enchiladas with low carb wheat tortillas.

Highest/Current/Goal
263/118/138

was size 22
now size 4

Brenda Bean
on 3/22/09 9:35 pm - Okemah, OK
Hi,  I have had lapband... so it is not the same as RNY but I do lowcarb just because i am diabetic and i want to lose weight.... I have lost 61 lbs so far since January 22, 2009... but go to www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com   I know that she low carbbed and she also has lost a lot of weight... she also has recipes that are all low carb.  I think she had RNY in Mexico

Look at me I have lost 61 lbs... God Is great...                      

turtle829
on 3/23/09 12:18 am
Revision on 08/04/15
thank you for the heads up... 

have a great day
Pam T.
on 3/23/09 11:26 pm - Saginaw, MI
I don't do low carb ... I do moderate carbs. 

I average about 40% of my daily calorie intake from carbs (40% from protein, 20% from fat).  For me at 1400 calories that comes out to about 130-140g carbs per day.  However, the bulk of my carbs come from veggies, fruit, dairy, legumes and some whole grains.  I avoid all the starchy stuff like bread, pasta, potatoes, rice and sweets. 

There is NO reason we need to be on a typical low carb diet that restricts the carbohydrates that our body needs to function .... some people are doing 30g/day and that just scares me to see stuff like that. 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

turtle829
on 3/24/09 12:08 am
Revision on 08/04/15
your %s look great...  I need to conquer my need for sweets in the pm.... other than my protein being too low, I think I do pretty good....

my taste have changed so much that I no longer eat it if I don't like it.... even to the point that if the last bite bores me, I won't eat it...  such a switch from before surgery

thanks for the reply

have a great day
Vicki
kandymc
on 3/26/09 12:42 pm - Summerville, SC
What type of things do you eat in the carbs? I was curious if brown rice is okay to eat later when I am able.

Height 5'4" This is weight lost after my Lap RNY on March 11, 2009

Pam T.
on 3/26/09 10:49 pm - Saginaw, MI
Most of my carbs come from veggies (salads), fruit, dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese), legumes and a limited amount of whole grain starches (like low carb tortilla shells for my tortilla pizza).

I'm 17 months post-op and I still do not regularly eat any type of empty carb-based starch like rice, potatoes, pasta, bread, etc.  Yes, I'll have those sometimes ... but for the amount of space they take up in my pouch, it's not worth spending the calories on them.  And when I do eat stuff like that my pouch gets very full, very fast and I usually end up feeling yucky.  It's not that I'm not able to eat it, it's that I choose not to.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active