vitamins & protein

angilfires
on 3/3/09 3:01 am - lakeside, CA
My mother is scheduled for WLS (RNY) the first week of April and I am looking to order a 30 day supply of vitamins and protein for post surgery.  The site (for Bariceuticals) I had purchased from in the past does not have them available. 

Can you please recommend a link or website or brand?

Thanks in advance

:)

The one I had used previously is shown below if anyone is curious.

Get your vitamin supplement that is doctor certified called Bariceuticals.  You
may purchase this supplement by following this link:
http://www.nutraqueen.com/a/idevaffiliate.php?id=103  

Pam T.
on 3/3/09 10:55 pm - Saginaw, MI
There are several very good vitamin options available online or in local stores.  I personally use Centrum chewables for my multi-vitamin.  But if you want to order online, you could check www.bariatricadvantage.com or www.celebratevitamins.com.

If you want to compare multivitamins side by side... I created a spreadsheet that breaks down the nutrients in various brands.  Here's the link:  http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/01/mulit-vitamin-compari son.html

As for protein.  Don't bother ordering a large jar of anything one flavor.  Your mom's taste buds are going to change after surgery and she needs to try a bunch of different brands/flavors and experiment at the beginning.  So SAMPLES is the way to go at the beginning . I had to try about 4 dozen different flavors before I found 2 or 3 that worked for me.  I started out with the 21-flavor pack from www.enjoyhealth.com and then ordered some more from www.bariatriceating.comwww.vitalady.com also sells samples. You can also find sample sizes at GNC, health food stores and some local big box grocery stores like Meijer.

Good luck to your mom as she starts this WLS Journey.  It's great that you're there to help her get started.

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Jennifer E.
on 3/17/09 8:49 pm - Dallastown, PA
hi there. i wish your mom all of the luck in the world. my friend and i use Bariatric Fusion. i only take 4 chewable tablets a day and no need for added calcium or any other pills. i do still take a dropper full of B12. www.bariatricfusion.com
they have free shipping on 2 or more bottles.

good luck hope this helps

Jenn E.

Most Active