Splenda vs Sugar

Hottie911
on 3/1/09 3:31 am
I'm new to OH so this topic may have been covered a zillion times....but does anyone have any positive experiences with substituting Splenda when a recipe calls for "sugar"?  Does dumping still occur?  I swear my body treats them the same (ugh!!) and I wondered if this was typical/normal.
Pam T.
on 3/1/09 8:39 pm - Saginaw, MI
 I haven't heard of anyone having dumping issues with splenda (the white granular type).  Be careful with the Brown Sugar Splenda -- it's only half Splenda and half real sugar.  

I normally substitute Splenda in my recipes where it calls for sugar, but it's a bit sweeter to my taste buds, so I use a little less.  So instead of 1 cup, I'd use 3/4 cup. 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

wendy_fou
on 3/8/09 2:12 pm - AR
I don't dump on sugar alcohols, but I have definately heard of people dumping on sugar free products.  I have ever heard of people dumping on sugar free products that did NOT dump on sugar.  Sorry you're having this problem.  Maybe try a different sugar substitute???  There are tons. 
Most Active