Help

syracuse_butterfly
on 2/27/09 3:51 am - Syracuse, NY
OK this is where I am at: I had my surgery in 8/08. I have only lost 71lbs. My nutritionist says only eat 2 oz a meal, and get in 60grams of protein, 64 oz of water. There are no other restrictions or help. Roughly 600 calories.   I know I havn’t been following this. I have been eating a candy bar once a day, I crave it nonstop. I barly get in my 60 grams of protein. I know this is not correct.   My second month after surgery I didn’t lose but 5 lbs following her restrictions. Once I started eating, whi*****luded the candybar, I started losing weight again. So of course, in my mind it was a license to eat incorrectly.   I am over this, I want to do it right. I started going to the gym, I have been doing 1-2 hours a day. Whi*****ludes cardio and weights.   My question is, where should I be with calories protein and carbs?   Thanks any help is appreciated. And yes, I know I need to cut out the candy!
JoyceB
on 3/1/09 1:17 am - IL
Hi - I'm not going to flame you about the candy bar...but................................(you can fill in the rest).

As for me, I had surgery about a month after you and I am eating about 1100 calories a day (some days a little more, some a little less).  I try to keep the ratios for protein, carbs and fats at 1/3 each (easy to track on dailyplate.com).  Protein tends to be 90-110 grams. I eat 5-6 small meals a day anywhere from 2-6 oz. depending on what it is and the consistency.  I get in at least 64 oz of water a day.

My guess is you're not getting enough calories at all...600 doesn't even cover calories needed for basic bodily functions.  Your body is holding on to everything it can.  That's why you lost when you increased your eating...you're body felt safe to let it go.  And it wasn't the candy bar that made it happen!  I would increase your calories, log your food intake and make healthier, more nutritious choices...you'd be amazed what and how much you can eat for under 1200 calories!

day of surgery - 296      current goal - 195      highest ('98) - est'd 320
Most Active