Need more Help with getting Proteins!!!

Butaflies1978
on 2/19/09 11:51 am
OK, I had Lap-Band on July 30, 2008.  I am having so much trouble with loosing weight.  I drink and Atkins shake every morning, but by 10 or 1030 I am starving...my tummy is growling.  I try to eat meats, like chicken and fish.  Beef is totally out of the question and chicken is most of the time.  What else can I do??  I resort to eating crackers or somthing like that to fill my tummy....any suggestions would be great!!

B
aallen8787
on 2/20/09 11:52 am, edited 3/23/09 4:44 pm
I had my surgery on July 22, 2008 and I don't seem to have any trouble with chicken. I don't eat a large quantity at a time, but it seems to digest fairly easily. Other good sources of protein are cottage cheese, low-fat cheese, eggs, I really like jerky but again that might be too hard for you.

Try a chicken salad. I do the white meat chicken in water, add a little mayo and spicy mustard (you can add a little pickle and green onion if you want). The condiments make the chicken much softer to eat. Then I spoon the chicken on a little lettuce and eat it.
TaliTali
on 2/21/09 12:35 pm - Sammamish, WA
I personally cannot start my day with a protein shake (ANY protein shake) or else I'm hungrier all day. I will start with solid food. I admit I have no issues eating things first thing in the morning. I'll eat yogurt, cheese, eggs, roasted turkey breast, hamburger, etc. I will even do leftover dinners first thing in the morning.

I also like shrimp ****tail and shrimp salad. I'll take a few shrimp (a cup of shrimp has 40 grams of protein!) and whir it in the blender with a little mayo and it goes down pretty easy.

Things I've recently become  a fan of .. the pre-cooked carnitas and roast beef. You can find it in the meat aisle here and they just require 5 minutes in the microwave. I can throw one in while I'm getting ready for work and have hot fresh cooked food in minutes. It's easy, reheats well, and one of those packages lasts quite awhile for me.

That said, the trick is exploring what works for you. You might also consider a better protein drink, one that has more protein. I am a huge fan of the New Whey Protein bullets which come in either 25 or 42 gram bullets.

Most Active