Starting full Liquids tomorrow, need some help

juliannesmom
on 2/13/09 6:00 am
Hey everybody I have a question.  Tomorrow I get to start full liquids, so today I was out buying soups and sugar free fudge pops (already have sugar free pudding).  Here's my question, when I looked at the tomato soup it said that it had 10grams of sugar in a serving and that looked high to me (but what do I know, I'm new to all of this)  Any suggestions about soups to try or recipes for this phase.  Also when I get to the phase when I can have mushy food somebody had mentioned putting spaghetti sauce on cottage cheese, and while this does not normally sound good to me, I am willing to give it a shot and hope that it will fill a craving.  My question is what kind of spaghetti sauce do I use?  HELP (Please)  I really can't wait until tomorrow.  Maybe I will go ahead and go to bed so I can wake up and have pudding (mmmmmm!!!!)
Becca
lovemy4ever4
on 2/13/09 8:08 am - Florence, KY
Hello!! i cant help you because i am in the same boat!! i was JUST coming on here to ask about the whole tomato soup thing...
i saw on my sheet it says 4 ounces tomato soup.... but as you, i noticed how high in sugar it is!!!

i am hoping someone will answer your ??!!!

also wanted to say we had ours on the same day!!!
juliannesmom
on 2/13/09 8:44 am
Neat about the surgery date.  Let's hope somebody on the post has some wise advise to give us.  I have never wanted tomato soup so much in my whole life (mmmm!!!!)
Arkin10
on 2/21/09 11:11 am - TX
From Better Homes and Gardens Recipes:

Ingredients

• 3  medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 1-1/2  cups water
  • 1/2  cup chopped onion (1 medium)
  • 1/2  cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
  • 1/2  of a 6-ounce can (1/3 cup) tomato paste
  • 2  tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or basil
  • 2  teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
  • 1  teaspoon Splenda or other sugar substitute
  • Few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
  • Snipped fresh cilantro or basil (optional)

Directions

1. If desired, seed the tomatoes. In a large saucepan combine tomatoes, water, onion, celery, tomato paste, the 2 tablespoons cilantro, bouillon granules, sweetner, and hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until celery and onion are very tender. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.

2. Place half of the tomato mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Return all to the saucepan; heat through. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro.

3. Makes 4 servings (4 cups)

4. Chilled Fresh Tomato Soup: Prepare as above, except after blending, cover and chill soup for up to 24 hours. If desired, top chilled soup with fat free sour cream.

Nutrition Facts

• Calories 54,
  • Total Fat (g) 0,
  • Saturated Fat (g) 0,
  • Monounsaturated Fat (g) 0,
  • Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 0,
  • Cholesterol (mg) 0,
  • Sodium (mg) 744,
  • Carbohydrate (g) 12,
  • Total Sugar (g) 5,
  • Fiber (g) 3,
  • Protein (g) 2,
  • Vitamin A (DV%) 0,
  • Vitamin C (DV%) 45,
  • Calcium (DV%) 3,
  • Iron (DV%) 5,
  • Vegetables (d.e.) 2,
  • Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Arkin10
on 2/21/09 11:14 am - TX
Sorry, I meant to add to that recipe I posted that you could boost the protein by adding in unflavored protein powder. 
Most Active