Vegetarians anyone?

maeld
on 2/11/09 12:47 am
I had GBS in January 2006 and to date have lost 145 lbs.  I am very happy with my weight and have met my surgeons goal, but to be within "normal" weight limits for my height I would need to lose about 30 more pounds.  Recently, I have become a vegetarian, thinking it healthier and an opportunity to lose these extra pounds.  I drink a protein shake every morning to ensure I get my protein.  Here is my question:  I have been having pain, gas, bloating, nausea after eating and am unable to eat much at all.  I certainly never thought that becoming a veg. would cause these problems and am wondering if it isn't something else. 

Anyone out there a GBS and vegetarian gal?

I would so appreciate any information I can get. 
THanks.
Nancy H.
on 2/11/09 4:17 am - CA
I am not a total veggie, but I do know that a lot of vegetables cause gas. My doctor calls them gassy vegetables and they include things like broccoli, cabbage, artichokes and eggplant. Some of these I gave up all together and some I eat and put up with the gas. But most of the time, the gas is not painful; if it is, I would call your doctor. And remember, fish and chicken are really good sources of protein and very low calorie. I eat tuna and shrimp and snack on turkey jerkey and I am still below my goal weight. I never touch red meat though. I hope this helps a bit.

nancy

Most Active