Question probably asked before, but here goes

Hobbitzz
on 2/9/09 4:47 am - Kyle, TX
I know that we are not supposed to take the calcium supplement with the iron supplement.  My question is what about taking the calcium with the multi vitamin?  Does that rule apply as well?  If they need to be taken apart, how much time between them?

I am finding myself forgetting a vitamin or calcium once in a while and if I could take them together, it would help me remember.
Pam T.
on 2/9/09 11:33 am - Saginaw, MI
Does your multi-vitamin have iron in it?  If so... then keep the calcium at least 2 hours apart from the multi-vitamin.  Any dose of calcium over 300mg will cancel out all the iron taken at the same time. 

I have set alarms on my cell phone to take my vitamins to help keep me on track.  It's really helped me remember to take my vitamins and also other things that I tend to forget (like breakfast or drinking my water after lunch).  I'd be lost without my cell phone alarms telling me what to do all day long.  :-)

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Hobbitzz
on 2/9/09 11:42 am - Kyle, TX
Thanks for the hint about the cell phone alarm.  that is a good idea that may help me. 
I am taking the BA multi vitamin and I just read the label and it does not list any iron, so guess that means i can take both at the same time.  I am not currently on a separate iron supplement.
Nancy H.
on 2/11/09 4:10 am - CA
I have a group of things I take when I wake up and another group that I take when I go to bed. My vitamins are in the morning group and my iron at night. I don't take anything during the day.

nancy

Most Active