Am I eating enough????

oberle007
on 2/6/09 9:01 am

I have been eating about 90 grams of protein (my goal is 77) and about 800 calories a day.  I am 8 weeks out and my weight loss has been ok, but not very fast....I started at 292 and am at 260.  It is so weird because the numbers are going down, but I don't feel like I really have lost much weight.  I am starting to get tired at the end of the day.  I know I will get my bloodwork done and find out at my 3 month how everything is.  But, on average...is 800 calories enough to keep my metabolism effective through out the day.  I eat about 6 small meals/snacks....

mommypj
on 2/7/09 11:17 am

It does seem that you should have lost more than 32 pounds in 8 weeks, but as anyone will tell you on here, everyone is different.

What kind of protein have you been getting in? Is it in shakes or actual meats and dairy? make sure you are getting best and purest forms of protein in for that.

I am curious to see the answers you get regarding the 800 calories. I hardly get that in, and my weight loss has stalled at 30 pounds. I'm 5.5 weeks out right now. My protein intake hasn't been what it should be though, and I know that, though.

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100%"
--Arnold Schwarzenegger

Most Active