raising pre albumin level

Judith P.
on 2/6/09 7:03 am - Spring Hill, FL
i am awaiting plastic surgery and my surgeon requires my prealbumin to be in high normal range. i have had it tested twice, one came back at 16/17 and he told me to increase my protein levels which I did; took in 120-150 gms of protein a day. next lab 2 weeks later was even lower; 15/17. i also take florinef and i think that may be impacting the resulsts, any nutritionist out there with info would be appreciated

It takes a real storm in the average person's life to make him realize how much worrying he has done over the squalls.
  Don't Sweat the Small Stuff 
Pam T.
on 2/7/09 12:04 am - Saginaw, MI
What kind of protein are you eating?  You need to focus on sources that are very high on the BV scale.  The higher the BV value, the more bioavailable the protein is for your body.  

Here are some examples from Wikipedia

Typical values

Common foodstuffs and their values: Note: this scale uses 100 as 100% of the nitrogen incorporated.

Common foodstuffs and their values: [15] Note: These values use "whole egg" as a value of 100, so foodstuffs that provide even more nitrogen than whole eggs, can have a value of more that 100. 100, does not mean that 100% of the nitrogen in the food is incorporated into the body, and not excreted, as in in other charts.

• Whey protein concentrate: 104
  • Whole egg: 100
  • Cow milk: 91
  • Beef: 80
  • Casein: 77
  • Soy: 74
  • Wheat gluten: 64

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active