Can someone who has done this a while

robbylynne1434
on 2/4/09 1:44 am - Colorado Springd
post a typical days diet from when you were just post op, so that I can get a true idea of what I should be taking in at 22 days post op?  I am really confused looking at all the different information that has been thrown at me?  I am still doing basically liquids, because every time I even think about anything with any consistency I end up feeling awful.  My guideline says 4 oz and another says 2 oz?  This is really getting confusing and I feel a little overwhelmed.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated since I have not lost anything past the first 20 pounds.  I seem to have stalled and I think it's because I'm doing something wrong? 

Thank you!
Pam T.
on 2/5/09 4:49 am - Saginaw, MI

Hi there!

A stall at the 3 week mark is perfectly normal.  Everyone gets it.  The scale will move again, just be patient.  It might take another week or so, but as you are able to give your body a more steady supply of nutrition, it'll relax a little and start shedding pounds again.

A typical menu at 22 days?  Mmm....  What are you ALLOWED to eat (not what you're comfortable eating).  I assume by now you're probably on pureed or soft foods right?  Below is a chart from OH's Nutrition Guidelines that lists the typical foods on the pureed diet.

You should be eating around 2oz to 4oz of food right now.  That amount varies so much because of the density of different foods.  Yogurt, you'll be able to eat 4oz, but eggs or fish, might only be 2oz.  Pay very close attention to your pouch, eat slowly and watch for the signal that you're satisfied (not full). 

You should probably be eating 3 meals and 2 snacks per day - depending on what your doctor told you.  If you're confused at all about your daily eating plan, call your surgeon or nutritionist and MAKE them help you - that's what they are paid for.  Keep asking questions until you understand the answers.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active