Low carb, whole foods and weight loss

melisa789
on 2/2/09 12:05 am - linn creek, MO
Hey guy,
I'm 5 yrs out and have regained 35 lbs after having a baby and stress at home. I need to lose it as the weight gain is part of my stress. When I had surgery I remenber being told to not eat carbs, anything with flour, pasta and so on. I went to met with a new doctor mine left the state soon after I had surgery. I was told to have 1300 cal a day 43g-fat 163g-carb and 60g-proten. and that I can have carbs in the form of whole wheat. I have not started this plan as It souned off to me. what do you guys think? I would like to do some thing that has a whole food base to it if I can. But my only hold up is that I live in small town 1200 people in mid-missouri. thanks for any help .
Melisa
jefflaura
on 2/6/09 9:51 pm - Zeeland, MI
Hey Melisa!

I am a "clean eater" also.  I use Tosca Reno's books as my guide. 

I had VSG on 4/1/08 and can get in 1300cal of clean eating foods plus my water everyday.  It is a full time job but I make it work.

60-80g protein, my carbs are usually 200 or under and fat 40-50.  Now--most of my carbs are complex, fruits or whole grains, flax meal, wheat germ, beans, bean dips, hummus, whole grain crackers in moderation.  Most of my fats are "good fats"  from avocados, olive oil, dairy like Fage yogurt which I used in tons of recipes.

Check out Oxygen Magazine and the "clean eating" books by Tosca Reno!!!  You'll love it!  In a small town your biggest obstacle is probably the grocery store variety!

Enjoy your journey, you have done terrific so far!
Laura

Laura

5' 4 3/4"  HW/250   SW/238  CW/120  GW/133

Most Active