taking a multi-vitamin

Lee45Ann
on 1/29/09 10:01 pm - Chemung County, NY
I'm 6 months post op, I take calcium (2x's daily),zinc,biotin,b12 daily, Can I go back to taking a multi vitamin, before WLS I took a great vitamin I found at Sam's club that had antioxidants included in it.  I would like to start taking them again.  Its very hard to get a hold of my Nut.  Thanks for any replys!!!  

LeeAnn   HW 284/ SW 270/ CW 170/ GW 165
Pam T.
on 1/29/09 10:26 pm - Saginaw, MI
You're not taking a multi-vitamin now?  You should have been doing this all along.  In fact, you need TWO per day after gastric bypass --- in addition to all the other stuff you already listed.  Actually, I'd increase the calcium to 3 doses per day so you're up to the recommended level of 1500-2000mg/day.  I also take a B-50 complex.

Here's the ASMBS Bariatric Nutrition Guidelines.  Check out the chart on page 7 and it'll tell you what you need to be taking at a minimum based on your surgery type.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Lee45Ann
on 1/30/09 11:05 pm - Chemung County, NY

Pam I'm soooo sorry about this, I forgot to list that also, Sometimes I have an occasional brain fart and I guess I had one when I posted this message!  I'm taking a Flintstone's chewable 2x's a day, I would like to go back to my adult multivitamin that I was use to taking.  I am going to take your suggestion and  up my calcium.  I'm checking that link to that you sent as soon as I'm done posting here.  

LeeAnn   HW 284/ SW 270/ CW 170/ GW 165
Most Active