Olive Garden Nutrition Statistics Released.

M M
on 1/11/09 9:59 pm

Tour of The Cardiac Ward.

Zip_locate_right
Before you hit up Olive Garden Italian Restaurant for your next "Tour Of Italy" please consider the newly released Nutrition Information on their website.

Because I am an altered freak and do not eat normally, (READ I DO NOT EAT PASTA AT A PASTA RESTAURANT, EVER, aside from one bite of someone else's dish for a taste, maybe.) 

This is how my dinner out would fare, just keeping it REAL, this is what I would have ordered out with family, if you (the blog) weren't looking (actually that's bull**** I'd still order the same if you were with me):

NOW, I have the stomach capacity of a toddler, most of this gets wasted/not eaten/taken home, but still, if I take it home, I may still pick at leftovers, not knowing what the hell I was eating:

• Fried zucchini - 370 calories, 20 grams of fat  (DEAR GOD.  I mean, zucchini is WATER and FIBER.)
  • Zuppa Toscana - 170 calories, 4 grams fat (I eat all of this, probably the best damn thing on the menu!)
  • Salad with dressing - 350 calories, 27 grams of fat  (I eat it without the dressing.  The dressing kicks my ass and makes me sick.  I know this from experience of trying it.  But, most people do not eat Olive Garden Salad DRY.  Dry, it's 120 calories because of the stupid croutons, which I may pick off.  Picking those off, it's just OLIVES BABY!)

That's where my dinner ends.  Normal people continue and get a "meal."  I don't.  But, as you can see, that caloric content blows my day if I eat it.

But if you're ordering a meal there?  Check it out:

• Tour of Italy - 1450 calories, 74 grams of fat.  (GULP.)
  • Steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo - 1310, 73 gram of fat. (This, sadly, is EXACTLY what I would order if I had stomach capacity.  *sigh*)
  • Chicken + Shrimp Carbonara - 1440, 8 grams of fat.  (Sounded healthier?)

There ARE other choices.  If you are a WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY POST OP - and you are at Olive Garden - your best bet if you are a RULE FOLLOWER (or really early post op?)

• Classic Minestrone Soup - 100 calories, 1.5 grams of fat.  (You can even drain the tomato-based broth if you need to lower the sugar-carb content and pick out the noodles.)

Other GOOD CHOICES?  (Of course - when you are far enough out to handle big girl food.)

• Stuffed Mushrooms410 calories, 20 fat, 20 carbs (share it)
    Parmesan, romano and mozzarella cheese, clams and herb breadcrumbs baked in mushroom caps.
  • Grilled Chicken Spiedini - 380 calories, 12 fat, 21 carbs  Skewered chicken marinated in Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil. Served with broccoli and grilled vegetables.
  • ANY of the MIXED GRILLS, or STEAKS, served with broccoli or grilled vegetables.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, as tempting as it may be as a post-op, "BUT BETH IT'S NO SUGAR ADDED!  I CAN HAZ THIS!"
Torte_di_choc_6917

• Torta di Chocolate
    A warm double chocolate cake served with vanilla cream sauce and fresh strawberries. No sugar added.

You do know what that means, right?  800 calories, 51 grams of fat, 75 carbs, and gaining weight.  Get over it. 

Overall, it's always about common sense.  Go with your basic rules, under-order, take a few bites and STOP when you are full.  Now that you know the nutrition stats, there is no excuse when you're at this particular restaurant to play dumb.  "But?!"  How about we order ONE more indulgent food and enjoy it?  Share it?  We don't have to gorge to enjoy.  Especially since WLS - because then it leads to sick.  A sick post op is a pretty one, isn't she?

|
Most Active