Fitday.com?

AshleyInTexas
on 1/10/09 4:49 am - TX
I just got of fitday.com and I'm going to start tracking my food intake.  I've got to shed these last 17 pounds!!!!!

I had a turkey, pepper jack cheese, mustard, white bread sandwich with a hand full of cheetos.  How would I calculate the nutrition facts so that I can log it on fitday???

I want to make sure I'm getting the right calculations for each meal.

TIA

Ash :)

RNY 8-6-2007 stats 5'3"  HW-240  SW-232  LW-127 GW-120  CW-135   
Plastics round #1 on 3-23-2011 BL/BA 575cc & 550cc Silicone under the muscle     
Married 9 yrs with 3 kids- Savannah 8, Skyler 2 & Bryder 1

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

goat
on 1/10/09 10:27 am - NC
I personally found fitday to be too much work. I like "the daily plate" so much better...it seems more user friendly. I just thought I'd mention that in case you didn't know about TDP.

Pam T.
on 1/11/09 11:43 pm - Saginaw, MI
So you need to measure or weigh the food you eat so you can properly enter it into FitDay (or any other site - but I prefer FitDay). 

2oz turkey, 1oz cheese, 2 slices bread, 1/3c cheetos.  You need to search the database for each of those things and enter the amount you ate.  I have a digital food scale that sites on my counter and I use it 2 or 3 times a day.  Although you can calculate pretty closely without having to use a scale if you don't have one.  

If you know you bought 1 pound of deli turkey and there's 16 slices in the package, you know that each slice is about 1oz.  Same goes for the cheese... check the label to see what a serving is and make sure it matches what you're entering in the database.  Cheetos might not be in the database so you may need to enter it as a custom food -- or check the www.dietfacts.com website and see if its listed there (it's a database of brand name foods and restaurant menu items). 

I prefer FitDay because the database is "clean" -- meaning nobody enters official food into the database but the FitDay staff.  Whereas DailyPlate, SparkPeople, etc... rely on members to enter food to populate the database.  I personally don't trust other people to be accurate when it comes to reading labels, not making typos and knowing how to do math when dividing servings and such. 

Once you use FitDay for a couple weeks you'll notice that you eat pretty much the same foods all the time.  So if you go into your Recent Foods list, you can just check off all the foods you ate and enter them all at once to your food log.  I can enter all my stuff in about 2 minutes for the whole day.

Holler if you need more help navigating the site.

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active