13 Weeks Out and Stuck! xpost

daisy77
on 12/31/08 12:33 am - WI
I am 13 weeks post-op and I have only lost 1 pound in the last week!  Overall I have lost 69 pounds...just 3 pounds away from having lost 50% of the total weight I need to loose.  I was feeling great up until a week ago, but now I'm getting discouraged!  What if I don't keep loosing?  What can I do to get over this?  I'm eating between 600 and 700 calories a day and getting between 45 - 60 g of protein a day.  Is this enough?  I see the dr and nut on the 12th but I need some advice in the mean time.  Thanks in advance!  This is really freaking me out! 

oh_card_b1Done.jpg

Pam T.
on 1/1/09 11:34 pm - Saginaw, MI
Relax.... a 1 week stall is perfectly normal.  You will not lose weight every day or every week or even every month.  You didn't gain every day and you're not going to lose every day either.  Plus, the good news is that 1 week isn't even a real stall.  It's not a stall or plateau until you haven't lose any pounds OR inches in 4 or more weeks. 

Do not let the scale determine your feeling of success or self worth. 

Are you following your surgeon's / nut's current eating plan with the 600-700 calories and 45-60g protein?  If that is what they advise, then stick with it until they tell you differently. 

You're doing great so far!  Keep up the good work.
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active